Fixing latency for MMO's

I've been using this program for quite a while now, and yes it does work. I started using it while playing WoW a few years ago and it reduced my latency from 250 ms to less then a half. Even if it was designed for WoW it does work for Aion also, and we all know how much resources Aion needs so everything that can help is welcomed.
A very funny way to describe how it works is provided by the authors:
If you could listen to a conversation between your computer and the game server, this is what you would hear.
Before Leatrix Latency Fix is installed:
  • Server: "Ok computer, I just sent a data packet over to you, got it?"
  • Your computer: ...
  • Server: "Come on, answer me! I don't have all day! Stop wasting time!"
  • Your computer: ...
  • Server: "Ok, forget it, I've waited long enough, sending another one over! Got it?"
  • Your computer: "Yep, got that one, also got the one you sent before, thanks."
  • Server: "Well, why didn't you acknowledge the first one when I sent it? I was waiting ages!"
  • Your computer: "Sorry, I'm just trying to make the network more efficient by bundling the acknowledgements together in pairs. This is how I'm setup by default."
After Leatrix Latency Fix is installed:
  • Server: "Ok computer, I just sent a data packet over, got it?"
  • Your computer: "Yep, send the next!"
  • Server: "That was fast! Ok, here's another, got that?"
  • Your computer: "Yep, send the next!"
  • Server: "Wow! What an improvement! Now that's more like it!"
  • Your computer: "Yep, it's certainly keeping me on my toes, thanks!
The download and all other details can be found to: 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment